About Me

My photo
I am first and foremost, a story teller. My passions are M/M fiction and fantasy, and I combine these two things in my work. Among other things, in my books you will find men in love (with each other), vampires, demons, angels and shapeshifters.

Friday, April 1, 2011

On Bad Reviews and Second Languages

 

Hello to everyone and Happy April's Fools Day! I'm sure many of you out there are aware of the hype surrounding a bad review of a certain author. The author in question proceeded to insult the reviewer and the readers who offered their opinions. But I don't want to talk about that. It's already been discussed more than necessary. Perhaps it is self-centered of me, but what I mean to say is the following: When you want to criticize someone's writing, don't say "S/he writes like English is not her/his second language." It is very insulting to those of us who are non-native speakers/writers. IMHO, I don't make glaring mistakes, and false modesty aside, I'm good at English - and this is true for many other non-English authors out there. So without meaning to offend anyone, please consider this when you leave bad reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment